- Prepare journal vouchers and batches for entry of payment transactions (payments, debit notes, credit notes, invoices) related to accounts payable into the General Ledger.
- Record, classify, and summarize financial transactions and events in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Reconcile sub-ledgers to the general ledger and resolves differences.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for all the suppliers’ accounts to be matched with our record and then check and fix the discrepancies.
- Ensure timely payments by following up on pending invoices.
- Prepare Payment requests for all type of payment through AP and submit it to treasury to process payment by cash, cheques or wire transfers
- Negotiate and agree with line managers for the results he will achieve and deliver those results in order to meet the needs of business.
- Provide information to staff and individuals or organizations outside of the Company explains accounting transactions; resolves accounting issues and discrepancies.
- Advice on the usage various software applications, such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports.
- Assist AP Accountants with workload to ensure that historical and current data is received in a timely and efficient manner and those payments can be reported on and recorded in the system accurately.
- Devote adequate personal time to the counselling and development of line/functional subordinates /junior employees, with the aim of improving both individual and departmental effectiveness.
- Prepare monthly schedules for the local and foreign suppliers
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting and reconciliations and ensure accuracy of data
- Continually seek and exploit every opportunity for self development to the greater benefit of the company and own career.
- Encourage, participate, and take pleasure in team work, with subordinates and colleagues, as an aid to grater company effectiveness and higher moral.
- Perform Ad-Hoc duties as assigned by management
- Be responsible for maintaining the information security of MTN physical or information assets that they access, use, or manage as per the company policies.
MTN Sudan provides equal opportunity, fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to, race, gender, social origin, Color, age, disability, religion, conscience, belief, political opinion, culture, language, marital status and family responsibility.