Risk & Compliance
Risk & Compliance
To assists in the design, implementation and facilitation of the MTN.SD risk management processes and procedures with specific focus on the Wholesale, EBU & Rich Media Services (WERMS). To take operational lead and support WERMS to ensure all risk and opportunities with potential impact on achievement of business objectives are identified, assessed and mitigated/exploited. The candidate will be required to assist in planning and performing independent risk assessments, reviews, training and risk awareness initiatives.
- To assist in defining and implementing an effective risk strategy to identify, assess, mitigate/leverage and report on risks and opportunities within the WERMS space in particular and MTN Sudan in general.
- Support in the design and implementation of an overall risk management process for WERMS including analysis of the financial impact in the event identified risks manifest.
- Perform risk assessment: Analyzing current risks and identifying potential risks within the WERMS space and supporting resources and assist in developing key risks indicators and monitoring agreed thresholds.
- Support in establishing the level of risk within the WERMS space.
- Provide input to the risk management and insurance budgets as applicable.
- Risk reporting tailored to the relevant audience.
- Support and educate WERMS stakeholders on most significant risks - ensuring business heads understand the risks within their areas; ensuring individuals understand their own accountability for individual risks.
- Support in the creation of business continuity plans to limit identified risks.
- Review any new major contracts or internal business proposals to ensure associated risks are adequately identified and addressed
- Support in building risk awareness amongst staff by providing support and training within MTN Sudan.
- Participate in MFS & Digital business development or related system enhancement projects from risk point of view - support new product by providing due diligence and setting efficient control framework.
- Liaise with Compliance to identify new regulatory changes affecting WERMS services control framework, advice on relevant impact and assist to formulate policy and advise on KYC, AML, Privacy and associated risks.
- Prepare all monthly, quarterly and annual divisional reports to ensure they are delivered as and when due.
Manages daily operation and administration activities of the MFS & Digital Department according to established procedures and timeframes
• University degree in Business and/or Numerate course additional professional qualifications in Accounting, Computer Science would be an advantage. • Professional Technology Certifications e.g. CISA, CISM, CRSC, CISSP, etc. would be an advantage • Minimum of 5 years work experience within a Risk or related function of an (preferable service) organization or Audit firm and/or related field • Minimum 5 years’ experience in core operations within a telecom environment with good understanding of the telecoms value chain and customer operations • Experience in the use of TQM, PDCA and DMAIC framework and related tools for the improvement of practical business scenarios
• Self-Motivation • Problem Solving • Result Orientation • Excellent oral and written communication skills
Thursday, August 22, 2019