- In line with the overarching Group Governance Framework and Strategy, establish and maintain effective third line assurance department encompassing internal audit and forensic services. - The position is responsible for the leadership, governance, management of the MTN Sudan Internal Audit and Forensics Services function and providing independent assurance on the internal control environment of the MTN Sudan through the implementation of the Group Internal audit and Fraud Risk Management Methodologies, systems, tools and best practices as prescribed by the Group Internal Audit and Forensics function. The role will be adding value to the business through recommending and monitoring remedial actions
- Provide effective leadership, advise and consult to the MTN Sudan on matters of internal audit & forensics
- Lead the effective implementation of MTN Sudan Internal Audit and Fraud Risk Management charter, policy and strategy as informed by the MTN Group Internal Audit and Forensics charter, methodology and systems
- Establish a well-staffed and competent Internal Audit & Forensics team to service the MTN Sudan assurance requirements in consultation with Group Internal Audit and Forensics
- Ensure utilisation of the Group mandated GRC tools and systems and source ancillary supplementary tools as needed as approved by the Group function
- Perform special audits on an ad-hoc basis as required by regulators, business line management, the Group or MTN Sudan Audit Committees
- Lead and/or support specific audits to investigate adherence with policies, procedures, and legal/regulatory requirements to identify and evaluate exposures and to correct defective processes.
- Evaluate the MTN Sudan’s Risk Management and Governance processes and report to the Group Chief Internal Auditor on the effectiveness of these
- Respond and effectively manage fraud, bribery and misconduct related investigations in line with the Group Fraud Policies and ensure remedial actions and taken regarding recoveries, control remediation and employee sanctioning.
- Implement Group and MTN Sudan wide fraud prevention strategies including the formalising a proactive fraud prevention plan in line with guidance provided by the Group function
- Adhere to Group escalation and incident management principles regarding forensic and internal audit findings
- Adhere to the system of management reporting requirements that provides timely and relevant information on all aspects of internal audit and forensics issues to MTN Sudan management and MTN Sudan Audit and Risk Committee and the Group Internal Audit and Forensic function
- Complete and timely report, on a quarterly basis the internal audit & forensics report and recommendations for the Group Internal Audit and Forensic function as well as the Audit and Risk Committee to assess the MTN Sudan financial controls and general state of the control environment, through adherence to Group Mandated templates and reporting criterion.
- Ensure the implementation of efficient processes for documenting all audit-related initiatives and activities in line with the guidance provided by the Group function
- At the relevant levels, review complaints, concerns, or questions relative to internal audit and forensic issues and provide consultative leadership and support to the MTN Sudan as appropriate.
- Implement and adhere to the Group Internal Audit and Forensic Quality Assurance Program
- Implement a learning and development program in line with Group requirements
- Assist with regional (i.e. outside the MTN Sudan) audit and forensic activities where required
Minimum 4-year Academic Degree with Honours (B Finance), MBA Advantageous. Chartered Accountant preferred Professional Internal Audit qualification such as CISA, CISM, CIA and ACFE preferred English and Arabic (as advantage). Minimum 5 years of Senior Management Experience or more Minimum 3 years relevant experience in internal audit and forensics Minimum 5 years in telecommunications industry Work across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous Industry recognition and Technology publication
Monday, December 21, 2020