Corporate Communication & CSR
The Regulatory Affairs Manager will undertake the various Regulatory Affairs functions to fulfil the requirements of the applicable Regulatory Framework while observing the guidelines and general policies provided by MTN Group. The main focus of the role is to effectively manage inherent and emerging regulatory risks and ensure existence of necessary policies and processes to govern the management of the function. One key purpose of the role is to ensure smooth business operations in terms of providing the needed regulatory support and to ensure the company benefits from the rights entitlements as per the license agreement in accordance with the company strategy and plans, this includes the reporting of regulation, risks, consultations, complaint handling and compliance.
The Regulatory affairs Manager will be accountable to achieve the following objectives:
- Effectively manage all Regulatory functions exposures of an internal or external nature (strategic, operational, compliance, financial, technology, external etc)
- Manage Regulatory tasks at the MTN Sudan level with focus on its, customers, reputation, and interests of stakeholders
- Assist in the development of processes and manage the established processes to identify and evaluate regulated areas.
- Build a culture and awareness in the MTN Sudan by providing ongoing education and appropriate briefing and training
- Investigate and research Regulatory and trends in the industry advising management where appropriate
- Implement appropriate systems for handling in efficiency manner all regulatory tasks and compliance; manage the process for escalating to more relevant senior levels(MTN Group, MTN Sudan: CEO, ExCom, Senior Managers… etc) when appropriate.
- Effective management of the Regulatory budgeting & reporting process.
- Implement the Group Regulatory management Guidelines in MTN Sudan to effectively manage all Regulatory exposures (opportunity, risks, business, etc) that pose an internal or external threat (political, economic, financial, market, international) to the business, its people and assets
- Manage all aspects related to product price, competition, interconnect, access and consumer protection
- Provide recommendations to enhance the Company's Regulatory relations road-map, policy, framework, methodology.
- Develop strategies for ensuring future plans and excellence operations and mitigation of risk in legislations, fines and reporting requirements for various regulators.
- Proactively manage all regulatory aspects related to emerging digital services and financial regulation
- engagement of MTN as a whole
- Secure Regulatory approvals as per business requirements
- Provide regular and ad hoc reports requested by management and the regulator.
- Be responsible for maintaining the information security of MTN physical or information assets that they access, use, or manage as per the company policies.
Performs Ad-Hoc duties as assigned by management
• Bachelor Degree in Telecommunications Engineering or related field. Related post-graduation is preferred • Minimum 4-year telecom experiences or regulations and polices relevant working experience in regulatory management or related field • International certification in Regulatory or compliance management will be an added advantage • Minimum 3 years of telecom Experience • Minimum 4 years relevant field Special Notice: MTN Sudan provides equal opportunity, fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to , race, gender, social origin, Color, age, disability, religion, conscience, belief, political opinion, culture, language, marital status and family responsibility.
• Understanding of the market in a general sense• Understanding of external best practice in related field• Good relationship building skills , negotiations and influencing skills
Tuesday, May 18, 2021