Sales & Distribution
The General Manager, Sales & Distribution is key to the delivery of a differentiated and unique channel proposition (industry best) through structured trade layer management; leveraging on an effective sales force / operationally efficient team; while aligning MTN and channel members common objective towards achieving sustainable market dominance. The General Manager, Sales & Distribution contributes to strategy development and manages the execution and implementation of strategy through working with and across functions, multiple processes, discipline technologies, products, teams and customers The General Manager, Sales & Distribution reports into the Executive and is supported by Senior Managers. The positions will interface with the Opco stakeholders, Group Management Services stakeholder and Consumer divisional heads in order to ensure effective and efficient operations.
- Define the criteria to measure/improve Sales &Distribution efficiency
- Review Market related tools (e.g. Market monitoring, airtime distribution and commissioning tools and processes and ensure they remain viable and in line with industry benchmarks
- Illustrate the demand driving customer contact across all customer touch points / contact channels, create awareness and recommend improvement opportunities delivering extraordinary customer service
- Ensure world class efficiency in processing channel partners orders towards achieving excellent product availability and adequate depth and breadth product distribution
- Ensure proper alignment of commercial objectives in response to specific local market realities
- Develop and implement best practice trade management strategies
- Draw insights from business intelligence tools in order to drive sales of all MTN products
- Drive sales and revenue through optimal network capacity utilization
- Ensure effective sales order processing to ensure efficient fulfillment of products requirement in the trade
- Ensure operational efficiency through effective logistics operations
- Ensure effective cross functional engagement with other departments / units of the business towards the achievement of MTN corporate goals / commercial objectives
- Develop end to end distribution strategies that ensures presence everywhere of all MTN products
- Provide basis to continuously drive together sales performance; trade propositions / compensation packages (commission & incentives)
- Drive cross functional alignment and proper understanding of channel strategies
- Drive high performance workplace through rewards; recognition and effective performance / objectivity management
- Prepare and manage divisional budget
- Provide the MTN Opcos with retail brand guidelines, service portfolio and customer experience i.e. own shops, franchises, shop in shop and piloting / rolling-out.
- Lead the development of self-care channels and the definition of MTN role’s across new digital/social channels.
- Drive all aspects related to Retail and Trade Marketing and Branding and integrate with other parts of the business to deliver best practice and innovation, ensuring consistent MTN Retail Identity and visibility of outlets, channels and campaigns
- Manage the branded store design, merchandising, promotional goods and retail visual communications.
- Manage and ensure alignment of OPCO activities to Group retail channel communications strategy
- Lead efforts to leverage the Global Brand Positioning and solidify the company's superiority through MTN-owned and non-owned branded channels, trade customers and POS outlets.
- Provide leadership in the translation and execution of the Marketing strategy into impactful programs which contribute to and reinforce the network’s market-leading position in most markets
- Establish dynamic and consistent retail image, visibility and ensure presence within the OPCO markets aligned to ROI
Minimum of 4 year tertiary qualification in Sales & Marketing/Business degree or in relevant field. MBA or Masters in relevant field of study (Preferred) 10 – 12 years of relevant work experience in Sales for a large organization. Senior management track record of 5 years 3 years in Telecommunications is preferred. Experience in leading change / transformation Experience in continuous improvement through the implementation of best practices Experience in Sales Channels leading practices and trends Specialis Note: MTN Sudan provides equal opportunity, fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to , race, gender, social origin, Color, age, disability, religion, conscience, belief, political opinion, culture, language, marital status and family responsibility
Tuesday, July 13, 2021