Risk & Compliance
Risk & Compliance
Responsible for leading the development, implementation, and management of the compliance programs for internal PPPs and external laws and regulations. This role will also be responsible for ensuring that Mobile Money and any other qualifying service offered are compliant with provisions of Electronic Money Issuers (EMI) Guidelines, Anti Money Laundering (AML) and other related legislations
- Build and maintain a compliance universe for both regulatory obligations and policies and processes, that will be used as the base for development, enhancement, monitoring and oversight over compliance requirements in this space
- Hold relevant business units accountable for the implementation of effective strategies to ensure compliance to all relevant laws and regulations and policies and processes
- Stay abreast of all relevant compliance and regulatory requirements, assess the impact of these and assess whether the business is adequately informed to prepare for changes
- Work with the MTN Regulatory functions and provide input into Regulatory policies/regulations, legislative framework and future impact of new Regulatory policies and legislation – with a specific focus on the impact of such regulations or policies on MTN’s business
- Monitor the effective cascading of the Compliance strategy into the Compliance Monitoring business plans to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing strategies
- Promote and support a risk minimizing culture in alignment with Compliance’s role as the second line of defence
- Monitor compliance to relevant laws and regulations and policies and processes, through the introduction and execution of an effective compliance program
- Provide input into development of new MTN policies around AML, Ethics, and other compliance sub-functions
- Implement standards for testing methodologies, techniques and procedures and conduct robust quality standard programmer
- Deliver an effective second line of defence through the operationalization of the Compliance Monitoring and Testing model across MTN
- Monitor and report to MTN Executives on the compliance of best practice and processes
- Maintain continuous oversight of collection and dissemination of any regulatory, Compliance Monitoring and
- Testing and audit issues in order to provide ongoing advice and guidance to the GM: Risk and Compliance
- Lobby key stakeholders to shape and change policy and draft legislation impacting on Compliance
- Understand the impact of potential changes driven by regulators, industry, marketplace, and/or legal environment and report these back to MTN Management
- Execute compliance review programs to determine organisational vulnerabilities and highlight risks
- Analyse Regulatory trends and perform risk assessments to identify areas of impact. Adapt the compliance monitoring programs and company policies and processes accordingly. Assess whether the business is informed accordingly in order to proactively prepare for changes
- Manage the preparation and recommend the departmental budget and monitor financial performance versus the budget while ensuring all departmental activities are conducted in line with the approved guidelines
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing policies and procedures, and work with business units to initiate enhancements as identified
- Drive continuous improvement on standardization of processes across MTN along with business units leading to an improved internal control environment
- Establish training programs on monitoring and testing requirements. Create awareness within the business on compliance monitoring and testing programs and methodologies
- Report on monitoring and testing results to the GM: Risk and Compliance and assist with relevant Excom, Group Compliance and ARC reporting
- Provide input into strategies for ensuring future compliance and mitigation of risk i.e. Material legislations, fines and reporting requirements for various regulators
- Lead the review and discussion on proposed policy changes recommended by Excom include the adoption/localization of Group policies
- Liaise with Mobile Money Leadership in the development and implementation of PPP’s to guide effective operational compliance, ensure adherence to EMI guidance to mitigate and prevent fraud risk exposures.
- Develop and implement initiatives and programs for periodic assessment of the effectiveness of AML/CTF & STR compliance with regards to mobile financial services licensing requirements.
- Development and implementation of initiatives for decisive responses to MFS non-compliance matters which includes Mobile Money merchant and subscribers’ awareness, mystery shopping and spot checks to ensure compliance within the Mobile Money value chain.
- Develop and implement initiatives and programs for predictive data analytics of mobile money transactions and Call Data Records to proactively identify non-compliance issues and ensure prompt resolution.
- Be responsible for maintaining the information security of MTN physical or information assets that they access, use, or manage as per the company policies
• University degree in Business and/or Numerate course additional professional qualifications in legal, business administrations would be an advantage. • Professional Certifications e.g. Compliance Management, Risk Management, Project Management etc. would be an advantage • Minimum of 4 years work experience within a Risk & Compliance or related function of an (preferable service) organization or Audit firm and/or related field • Minimum 4 years’ experience in core operations within a telecom environment with good understanding of the telecoms value chain and customer operations • Experience in the use of TQM, PDCA and DMAIC framework and related tools for the improvement of practical business scenarios Special Notice : MTN Sudan provides equal opportunity, fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to , race, gender, social origin, Color, age, disability, religion, conscience, belief, political opinion, culture, language, marital status and family responsibility.
Integrity; leadership; Innovation; Relationships • Behavioral Competencies • Good Interpersonal, communication and presentation skills • Problem Solving • Result Orientation
Sunday, July 4, 2021