- Lead the formulation of the MTN Sudan Digital products development strategy in line with the overarching business goals and ensure that MTN maintains and improves its leadership positioning
- Ensure the effective implementation of the strategy by means of providing direction, structure, frameworks, models, plans and roadmaps to be adopted by the team.
- Define standards and set targets for performance across various activities and identify the parameters for measurement of performance.
- Drive enterprise wide transformation initiatives, elicit inputs from relevant parties.
- Drive adequate risk mitigation and controls, and elicit inputs from relevant parties.
- Sign off approval on new initiatives.
- Provide relevant budget for internal projects.
- Prepare proposal on change initiatives, SLA policies and procedures.
- Review performance against agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and review service level agreements;
- Monitor performance and alignment with MTN global strategy and per industry best practices.
- Create and monitor plan for continuous improvement and monitor adherence to the plans.
- Develop and manage divisional budgets in line with business objectives.
- Develop and manage project initiative budgets in line with business objectives and other internal stakeholders.
- Ensure that the “cost of operations” is reduced, in line with a least cost operating strategy stemming from the business drivers.
- Report on a monthly basis to MTN Sudan head of digital relating to progress made within the division and in accordance with the measurement metrics set by the organisation;
- Highlight to the management significant deviations from defined performance metrics.
- Report on an adhoc basis on specific projects, as required.
- Act as gatekeeper within Digital with regard to new developments, to fully understand the viability of the proposed developments, and to vet viable projects
- Ensure that the planning and development project framework is defined, coordinated, aligned and in alignment with the objectives of Branded Retail Channel
- Ensure the development of the product life cycle and ensure a successful handover of the product once it goes live or is implemented into the business
- Drive project processes and timelines within Digital in order to amend variances in the project and ensure that the project stays on track
- Ensure that products are in line with procedures and that they comply with all relevant regulations and legislation
- Ensure Digital is represented in relevant Project meetings
- Ensure that the scope of the product is understood and that the necessary requirements are captured. To then ensure that the implementation of these requirements are successful and that all aspects within the scope of the project are accounted for
Planning and Co-ordinating:
- Ensure the optimal use of technologies, systems, market knowledge and analytics via appropriate and adequate research
- Act as project custodian, ensuring alignment between the various parties involved
- Ensure that projects run smoothly and that specialist knowledge, analytics and insights are provided
- Ensure product expectations are met
- Ensure that the product development flow is maintained
- Ensure that the project is organised and that all parties are aware of their responsibilities in completing the project
- Ensure that new products / projects are completed within the timeframe and budget
- Attend to variances in the project plan. Ensure that variances are reconciled to ensure that project stays on track and that any deviations are accounted for and remedied
- Establish and build relationships with all relevant stakeholders
- Align service delivery to changing market segments
- Understand customer needs via statistics and trend analysis and develop and fine-tune systems accordingly
- Put contingency plans in place to prevent delays in developments
- Adopt a proactive approach to prevent problems from arising in the future
- Initiate change to continually improve all aspects of service delivery and new developments
- Deliver measurable results and projects on time
Relationship building and maintenance:
- Build and maintain relationships with all stakeholders.
- Investigate and understand stakeholder requirements and needs
- Follow up on and respond to all queries and requests, however ensure all developments are viable before accepting new projects, to ensure that the channel best interests are put first at all times
- Maintain good communication and relationships within Digital
- Be responsible for maintaining the information security of MTN physical or information assets that they access, use, or manage as per the company policies
MTN Sudan provides equal opportunity, fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to, race, gender, social origin, Color, age, disability, religion, conscience, belief, political opinion, culture, language, marital status and family responsibility.