• Supports treasury and cash management operations and helps develop strategies to maximize efficiencies, safeguard assets and minimize costs • Ensures compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures in day-to-day conduct and supervision of cash management activities • Supports financing negotiations and capital strategy formulation Tax • Delivering a full range of tax services in compliance with laws and regulations within timeframe • Building relationships and interacting with external stakeholders • Providing innovative tax planning and reviewing complex income tax returns
- Oversees all cash management functions.
- Maintains and cultivates banking relationships
- Oversees issuing letters of credit
- Manage and optimize a banking network for collections, disbursements, corporate level cash operations and investments.
- Maintain strong financial controls by integrating cash collection and payment controls into the overall control framework of the organization (both financial and operational)
- Responsible for short-term liquidity forecasting
- Cash Management - managing our bank accounts and cash positions
- Monitor the actual and forecasted liquidity position of the company, ensuring that the CFO and others in Management have an accurate understanding of the information and implications. This involves managing a complex Excel model, using information extracted from the Accounting System (for Payables, open PO’s, and Payments), and from the Budget/Forecast (for future purchases and expenditures)
- Ensure that MTN meets its compliance requirements and controls MTN’s financial risks
- Build deep relationships with external stakeholders (Regulator and Tax authority)
- Policy, Governance. Risk and Assurance and all Regulatory aspects concerning Tax
- Ensure timely submission of tax returns
Work with external lawyers on tax cases
Supervisory / Leadership / Managerial Complexity: Refers to the responsibilities for directing, guiding, motivating and influencing others.
- Guide and supervise team and carry out training plans for them.
- Improve leadership and maintain the overall health of company’s tax and treasury functions.
- Advise CEO / CFO and stakeholders on past / current and future financial picture
- Coach and mentor direct reports to ensure staff motivation is high
- Ensure performance and compliance obligations of the unit are met
- Ensure the team is led, motivated and rewarded to achieve key performance areas
- Recruit staff for appointments
- Set goals and objectives for direct reports, monitor progress and maintain motivation
- Set up appropriate structure to meet departmental management objectives
• Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance (Master’s Degree is preferred) • Professional certificate (i.e. CPA, CMA or CA) is required • Minimum 7-9 years of relevant working experience. Last 3 years should be at Treasury Manager level
• Presentation skills • Able to think strategically • Experience in managing people
Sunday, November 10, 2019